Monday, May 6, 2013

March 22, 2013

I arrived at the Welfare Services Building so early that I ended up waiting in the Field Office for a few minutes before Mona let me into the storehouse. While the other service missionaries arrived, I checked the shelves and then joined the others for prayer at the appointed time. The other missionaries whom I am serving with and whom are all extraordinary people, are:
-Elder and Sister LeFeuvre.
-Sister Jacquie Bly.
-Elder Gary and Sister Dawn McMahon.
-Elder and Sister Murray.
-Elder and Sister Stringam.
-Elder Allen and Sister Susan Gallup.
-Elder Kim and Sister Joan Woolf, the Storehouse Managers and Elder Woolf's mother, another Sister Woolf.

All of us worked together to organize, count, date, and place different products in the appropriate areas within the massive warehouse that is in the back of the storehouse. It was a lot of work and took a lot of time, but it was very enjoyable and helped me to get to know the other missionaries.

During the time that Elder Woolf and the other elders were working with the forklift, I helped Sister Woolf set up the lunch for the staff meeting that was to take place at noon time.

After the warehouse was stocked, we all gathered and right before the meeting, I explained about my ADHD and Non-Verbal Learning Disorder and surprisingly, everyone was accepting and loving of me. I always fear telling people about my disabilities for fear of being seen as a nothing, but my mission is one place I don't have to worry about that and for that, I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment