Sunday, October 13, 2013

October 12, 2013

I took a taxi to the storehouse since Sister Bly is away. When I got there, the driver tried to give me too much change, but I gently insisted on the correct amount; I mean, I value my soul more than a bit of pocket change and my soul would be tarnished if I valued money over it.

Anyway, after having prayer with Sister Pilling, Elder Kearl, and Sister Kearl, we spent the majority of the morning helping patrons; it was Thanksgiving weekend, after all. We only had time to help patrons, spot clean, do a tiny bit of stocking, and the paperwork.

I found amazing joy in helping people being able to have food in their homes and I think it's important to be grateful for what we have and what joy we can give others. Not everyone is well off, nor do they feel that they have joy they can give others.

Everyone can give and receive joy; that's part of the promise of the Atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment