Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 4, 2014 - Last Day In The Field

Daylight had already sprung when I got the 7:15 a.m. bus from my house to downtown via a bus change at the university; after that, I got a taxi from downtown to the storehouse. When I arrived at the storehouse, I checked the produce, stocked cans of diced tomatoes on the shelf, and also helped stock toilet paper on another shelf.

After prayer with Woolfs, Gallups, Sister Rogers (a new sister), and Elder Goodsell and a compliment given by Elder Woolf about how great it was to work with and get to know me, everyone divided into pairs, with me working with Elder Goodsell, and worked to fill the out of town orders.

Once the orders were filled, I worked with Sister Gallup and taught her how to fill the cottage cheese and sour cream portion of the orders where others either filled the meat orders or prepared for the farewell party that was held for Sister Bly, Sister LeFeuvre (who couldn't come), and I.

A little after 11:30, the party started in the break room and Elder and Sister Peterson, Elder and Sister Gallup, Elder and Sister Woolf, Grandma Woolf, Elder and Sister Hodder from the Field Office, Sister Bly, Elder Goodsell, Brother Murray and Brother Nathan Kyler from the Field Office, Elder LeFeuvre, Elder Bullock (the out of town delivery driver) and Brother Reeve from LDS Employment all came to the party, which was complete with food and a lovely cake.



Anyway, Elder Woolf said that my service and I are appreciated and that I had all done a lot of good stuff for the storehouse. Sister Bly is continuing to volunteer there for now and Sister LeFeuvre was unable to make the party due to not feeling well, but I did get to say goodbye to her on the phone.

After the applause, Elder Goodsell said a prayer to bless the food and everyone got eating.

Pictures were taken after the luncheon was done and I will miss everyone I worked with.

 Elder Woolf and Sister Woolf.
 

 Sister Bly.
 

 Elder Hodder and Sister Hodder from the Field Office.
 

 Sister Rogers.
 

 Elder Goodsell.
 

Brother Murray (left) and Nathan Kyler.
 

 Elder Peterson, Sister Peterson, and Grandma Woolf.
 

 Elder Gallup and Sister Gallup.
 

 
 In honor of M*A*S*H, "Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment